Trout at its best!
recipes is a proven winners whether used for formal dining or as a camp shore
CORNMEAL - PAN FRIED TROUT
Marinate the fillets in lemon juice for 5 min.
prior to cooking or sprinkle with zesty Italian salad dressing after
cooking and garnish with fresh chopped green onions
If you have two large skillets, you can fry
all the fillets at once. If not, work in batches.
|2 ½ lbs. trout
1 cup of conc. lemon juice
1/4 cup of chopped green onion
|3/4 cup fine yellow cornmeal|
1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne
1 or 2 tsp. course salt (optional)
1/2 tsp. fresh pepper (or lemon pepper)
3/4 cup pancake flour
1/2 cup peanut or corn oil
- Stir (mix) dry ingredients together.
- Place mixed ingredients on a plate or into a plastic
- Coat trout fillets with flour mixture, shake off
- Transfer floured fillets to a dry clean plate or
into frying pan.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil over moderate heat in a large
frying pan (skillet).
- Carefully add fillets to hot oil, using tongs for
- Turning once or twice, until golden colour on both
- Careful not to overheat and burn oil, add
or change oil as necessary.
- Place cooked trout on paper towels to absorb any excess